Saturday, June 19, 2010

Garba - Gujrati Folk Dance

Hello again!

I've been looking for songs to dance to for a dance that myself and a few other girls are involved in. We've been talking about improving our synchronization, hand gestures, etc. Just really small things that make a big difference from an audience perspective.

My choreographer showed us this dance, and I think it's the perfect example of what our garba should look like. There's so many people in the dance, yet they're all in sync with each other. They make really big hand gestures that are controlled, so that it looks really good from an audience view.

It looks like it took a really long time to get it perfect, but it was probably really worth it for them.

I was really inspired by this video just because I could tell there was a lot of hard work put into this dance, and one day I hope I can be as good as them.

No comments:

Post a Comment