Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Knowledge Will Set You Free

Hey!

I just wanted to share a project I did in my tech class. We made t-shirts based on The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I did mine based off of article 26(2):
"Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace."

I really liked the article, because it reminded me of the quote "knowledge will set you free," which I believe it does. I think education can give people freedom, because it gives them a sense of wrong and right. Education teaches people to act civil to each other, and to respect all ethnicity and genders. And if education isn't used to do that, then it's wrong.

If all people around the world had a basic education and were taught to respect everyone, I think the world could be like the picture. Maybe not to such an extent that there is confetti spraying from a person's head, but there could be less war and dislike among nations.

I'll blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment