Saturday, March 5, 2011

Silk

Happy Saturday!

I really do need to catch up on my blog posts :S

I actually found this a while ago and thought it was really cool. It's a website called silk where you click and drag your mouse in the designated area, and the "Silk" will travel with the wind to create designs.  It was created by a Computer Science and Lingusitics student.

I liked it because it was so random. (Yes I was stumbling again). You just need to make a really simple line and it will grow whichever way you want it to.

THIS is the silk I made, and THIS is the silk website.

Anyways, I find it interesting how you have little control of how the silk moves, nor do you have control of the colours it makes. You really have to experiment with the program for the best results, and some really neat ones are posted on the website, and you can watch the replays.

The one that I made that I posted is the one that I liked best out of all of the ones that I tried. I realized it was the best because it was so simple. As most things, simplicity wins.

I'm out, Enjoy your weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment