Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Peacock Feathers

A friend of mine gifted me with a few peacock feathers recently; I've always liked these feathers, but haven't physically seen them for years. Pictures are fun to look at, but it's only in person when you can appreciate their true beauty.

The colours are so vibrant; it's hard to beilieve that the metallic lines are just a genetic trait. It's amazing how something that stunning was created.

I love how the colours work so well together; looking at my feathers I know I want to do a peice with that colour scheme. They really make any dull colour look beautiful, for example my living room colour is beige, but the feathers give it a nice pickup and it directs attention towards them.

Anyways, I thought I would do a quick post on this, so it wouldn't drift from my mind.

Have a good St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment