Friday, February 18, 2011

Paint Sound Sculptures

Paint sound sculpture, click for more
Now playing: Marry You - Bruno Mars
Now reading: The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan

I thought that might be a good way to start off my blog posts. I saw this and thought it was really interesting. For a printer advertisement, Canon used these paint sound sculptures in their commercial.

I actually stumbled upon this (using stumbleupon) and it caught my attention immediately.

The way this was done was by wrapping a membrane around a speaker, and dropping a few paint drops on the membrane. When the speaker was turned on the paint would bounce up and down.

My mind was blown when I read this. It's such a cool and creative piece, and a great idea for a commercial. If you want to see how it was done, here's the video:


Canon Pixma: Bringing colour to life from Dentsu London on Vimeo.

I really love the colours. They're so vibrant and dramatic.  I imagine it would have been difficult and fun to do at the same time, as they needed to take the picture at exactly the right moment.

That's all for this week. Have a good long weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment