Friday, June 3, 2011

Eye Art

Hello!

Now, I'm not usually one for makeup, but when I saw this, my jaw dropped. This makeup artist uses eye-shadow to create famous scenes from Disney movies on eyelids. Here's the link.

What fascinated me most is the detail -- I have a hard enough time using three colours on my eyes, but to paint in a scene of a boat, or floating lamps is amazing. Here is a scene from Tangled:

What stands out to me most are the floating lamps  done as gold specks; it's really simple but effective. It's very subtle, but even the eyelashes are coloured indigo.

Another one of my favourites is the Aladdin one.

















I love the blending on this; the colour choices on the right eye make it feel very warm, like a sunset, and on the left eye, the colours are cooler, making it feel like the sun has already set on that place. It creates a very broad field of view. 

When I saw these, I was very interested in them. I just wish there were images posted of what the eyes looked like when they were open; I feel like they would create an amazing effect. The amazing makeup artist is Katie Alves. Her work is amazing, and she doesn't just stop at eyes, there are paintings on lips as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment