Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Girl Effect and Typography

Hey guys! I hope you had a good weekend.

So you may have read something about "the girl effect" in my previous blog, well today I'm dedicating this post to the introduction video.

A little while ago in tech class we had a whole unit about typography, and I saw this video and was amazed by how simple it is, yet it still gives me chills when I watch it. The video is made entirely of writing in a simple and readable font in all capitol letters. The whole video is made of the colours black, white and orange, which I thought was very simple and effective, especially because there are no words actually being said, but only music in the background, but the timing of the words is in sync with the music, especially at 0:31, where is says (DRAMATIC PAUSE) and the music stops briefly at the same time. There's actually a voice in my head kind of pausing and going faster or slower with the words


I also like the meaning behind it, I thought the girl helping a girl concept was really interesting. It really doesn't take a lot of effort to keep someone on the right track, all people need is education and a decent living space, so it's really unfortunate that developed nations have too much, while some developing nations barely have anything, even clean water to drink. I think everyone should check the website out.

Well that's it for now, I'll be back soon!

-Roshni

No comments:

Post a Comment