Saturday, February 27, 2010

Henri Silberman

Henri Silberman is a photographer, who was born in Paris but grew up in Brooklyn. He has been fascinated with photography since he bought his first camera at age 16.

I looked at some of his work and it really gets my attention. Most of his work is in black and white, with a few colour pictures. I've always been a huge fan of black and white photography, because the contrast is so much clearer, and I think you can actually what's going on in the picture better without colours.

Silberman takes his photos at such perfect timing, it feels like I could walk into them because everything would be moving perfectly. Even though the pictures are still, it still feels like they are moving.

"Spring Swan" By Henri Silberman

Spring swan (228)

I love how everything in the photos are bold, and there is high contrast. It gives me something to look at, to think about and that's why I like his work.

"Trees and Shadows" by Henri Silberman
Trees and shadows (350)
You should check out his website, the link to which I've attached in the beginning of the post! I'll blog again in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a talented photographer! I also like black and white photographs. I love the first photograph you chose, the white swan really contrasts with the dark atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete